Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Slow down sun, slow down sun!

On Friday,Miss Chao chose 4 captains for the Maori song performance. Ingrid was one of the captains. We told the story of  Maui and the sun. We had to perform after lunch and if we did not know our lines, we might mess it up for our group. So we practised our lines and I had the easy lines because they were short.


After I practised my lines, I went to go and get my costume. I was dressed up as the sun, Lasike was dressed up as Maui and Siu was dressed as Maui’s brother.  They started practicing their lines.
Lasike knew his lines off by heart and Siu knew some of his lines.

After lunch we performed in front of the class. Miss Chao picked the captain’ names out of a bag to decide the order.  Ingrid was the narrator. Maui thought that the sun went down too fast and there wasn’t any time to do anything. He could not see his food so he called his brother to came. When the brother came, he said to Maui “I can not hunt or eat”. Then Maui came up with a plan to catch the sun. They jumped out from behind the rock and tied up the sun. The sun said “Let me go!” Maui and Mana let the sun go after some struggle. From that day on, the sun slowed down so Muai and his friend can see and hunt.

After the performance we all felt proud of ourselves because we all tried our best.

 WALT celebrate and incorporate the Maori culture into our lives.
I know this when I can perform a Maori creation story to the class.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.